Puppy Care, to raise them right
Raising a puppy is one of the most rewarding challenges a dog lover can have. Owners that want their puppy to grow into a well-adjusted adult dog know that socializing at an early age is absolutely essential. We want to be a part of the solution, helping create an even better adult dog community in San Diego. Dogs that are well socialized not only make the best candidates for our play area, but they are also significantly less likely to be given up to a shelter. This means saving lives – keeping dogs in happy homes, where they belong.
The benefits of bringing your puppy to us for daycare or boarding can last a life time.
Here are just a few:
- Exposure to plenty of other well-socialized dogs
- Incredible and frequent attention by staff helps facilitate house-breaking
- Time spent away from home can often times prevent or eliminate separation anxiety
- A tired puppy is a good puppy – by releasing their energy with social-play your puppy is less likely to develop bad or destructive habits at home
Well-socialized puppies usually develop into safer, more relaxed and enjoyable pet dogs. This is because they’re more comfortable in a wider variety of situations than poorly socialized dogs, so they’re less likely to behave fearfully or aggressively when faced with something new. Poorly socialized dogs are much more likely to react with fear or aggression to unfamiliar people, dogs and experiences.Socializing Your Puppy
We have just a few special rules for puppies:
- Your puppy must have it’s last round of “puppy boosters” in addition to being vaccinated for bordetella & rabies
- Once your puppy is over 6 months old, he or she will need to be spayed or neutered to continue attending daycare or boarding